You've just taken your new website live and now you wait for the phone to ring. Only it doesn't. Your site is on the web, but no one can find it. What did you forget to do? How do you get eyeballs on your website?
The answer is "You need to insert effective keywords into your website code."
"Wait a second...I don't know anything about code. That stuff is Chinese to me!"
Relax, there is very little you need to know about code to enhance your search engine ranking. Following these 5 steps will help your website ascend to or near the top on Google and other search engine rankings.
1. Assemble a list of words or phrases (20 - 50) that customers would use on a search engine when they look for your business, including your city and state location.
2. Type in a few of those words or phrases into the search engine and see who's website comes up first.
3. Right click onto the website that comes up on top and look for the "View Source" command. A bunch of code will appear. Somewhere near the top of all that crazy code should be a line that begins "META name", then "keywords", then "content="
4. After the "content=" appears a series of keywords your competitor has used to propel him to the top of the search engines. Note these keywords and assimilate them into the list of keywords you've already assembled.
5. Ask your webmaster to insert these new keywords in your website code. Make sure he does this on every page of your site. He should then resubmit your site to the search engines.
Don't expect immediate results, as your ranking will advance depending on numerous factors, one being the amount of local competition you have. In future blogs, I will explain other methods to even further enhance your search engine rankings.
Thanks for reading and following my blog. The 1st person to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a complimentary keyword evaluation.
Dave Horton Advertising
See http://www.davehortonads.com/ or visit me on Facebook
Email me at email@example.com