Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Don't Need A Logo

I've met many business people who hand me a Office Max produced business card with a smiling, large headed retro cartoon guy smiling with his thumb up and a twinkle on his tooth. This stale clip art posing as a company logo immediately tells me that the person gave no thought to how poorly he is presenting himself to potential clients.

When I offer to design a logo for them, I'm usually assured "I don't need a logo."

Why do you need a logo?

1. A good logo lends a corporate look to a small business. Home made logos scream "small-time vendor" and your clients will regard you as such.

2. A good logo gives your business an immediate recognizable identity. It will enable your company stand out in the crowded market.

3. A good logo offers stability for clients or customers who feel more comfortable looking for a well-defined company, and "look and feel" may be one of their criteria for making a decision.

4. A good logo makes you to stand out in your field. A good logo can put you far above the competition, especially when paired with a strong identity program which includes corresponding business cards, letterhead, print advertising, company website, vehicle signage and storefront signage.

5. A good logo strongly hints or explains what your business is and how it can help your clients.

During the 20 years I've been in business, I've designed hundreds of logos for Naples and Southwest Florida businesses, starting with a Rollsafe logo contest I won in 1990. Many examples of logos I've created can be found on my website.

Thanks for reading the 1st entry into my new company blog. The 1st person to email me will receive a FREE company logo design.

Do you need a logo?

Dave Horton
Dave Horton Advertising
See http://www.davehortonads.com/ or visit me on Facebook
Email me at davehortonads@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Exactly, some of the companies have no sense.Logo should be designed in such a way that tells the client about its brand and should be attractive to get more and more clients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great post, i found this very usful

    ReplyDelete